What is elderly rehabilitation?
Elderly rehabilitation is maintaining and improving the general health and ability of elderly individuals.
Skeletal problems including osteoporosis and osteoarthritis conditions such as knee and hip replacements or May related to it. Physical medicine physicians use rehabilitation. We commonly work with elderly patients help them in optimizing their quality of life. We will carry out a full functional assessment and work with you and your family to set realistic short and long term goals.
What are the benefits of elderly rehabilitation?
Being involved in an elderly rehabilitation programme we can provide a number of benefits to you. We physiotherapists will devise a personalized treatment program to help you achieve the following outcomes
Elder Rehabilitation outcome:-
1) Regaining your independence
2) Maximise your safety
4) Restoring your confidence
5) Improving your quality of life
6) Helping you to carry out activities of daily living
7) Improving mobility indoors and outdoors
8) Maintaining your muscle strength
9) Balance and walking re-education
Who will benefit from elderly rehabilitation?
Physiotherapy for elderly rehabilitation can be extremely useful if you have had a fall, accident or would just like to improve your independence and functional capabilities.
We physiotherapists commonly work with elderly people who have:
1) Recently deteriorated mobility
2) Recently been discharged from hospital
3) Fallen or have a high risk of fall
4) Recently had an accident
5) Pain that is limiting them
6) Recently had an operation
7) An interest in improving their independence and functional abilities